Livingston Old Parish Church

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

Church of Scotland LogoLivingston Old Parish consists of two Church Of Scotland churches:
Livingston Village Kirk & St Andrew's Deans


As a thriving parish in a booming New town, Livingston Old Parish has a long history.

Livingston Village Kirk is the oldest church in Livingston, with Livingston Village being the original settlement before the construction of the New Town that took its name.

St Andrew's is located in Deans, also known as Livingston Station.

Livingston Old Parish is part of the Presbytery of West Lothian.

The parish currently has a full time minister.

LIVINGSTON VILLAGE KIRK

Notes by:    R M Spearman

"The church and manse of Livingston are delightfully situated (for the clergy had always some taste even for an earthly paradise) upon a dry mound, half encircled by the water of Almond. They are both modern and neat."

The Old Statistical Account of Scotland Vol. XX  1798

Read more: Livingston Old Parish Church

 

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

COFFEE AT THE KIRK

A coffee morning is held in the Village Kirk every Thursday from 10.00 until 12.00 noon.

Enjoy tea or coffee and biscuits, cakes, etc. together with some friendly chat.  Everyone is welcome.

 

Attention: open in a new window. PrintE-mail

We now have a twinning with a church in India called St James' Church, which is in Kolkata, the capital city of the state of West Bengal.

For further details see their website at http://www.st.jameschurch.in

Charity Number  SCO11826